Either you are a keen desire to play basketball or not, playing with it gives you a nice feeling, every time. Since childhood, you start to play basketball and it is obvious that you love your basketball. But, you also need to keep your basketball clean. Today, we’ll guide you on how to clean a basketball?
If you are penniless and you can’t buy a new best outdoor basketball, then you can clean it. Basketball gets dirty and messy when we play it regularly. You need to clean your basketball to avoid germs, also.
Now the question is how to clean a basketball?
You need to learn about how to clean a basketball. Follow the steps below and play with confidence and keep your mind calm while playing.
If you, also, love cleanliness, then this article is for you.
Read also: best Indoor basketballs
Why clean basketball?
Regularly cleaning the basketball let you feel fresh and calm. Share your basketball with your friends and strangers with great confidence. It will cast a positive impact on your co-players and your personality will become more impressive.
On the other hand,
When you play with dirt and the sluggish viral ball, a lot of deadly viruses infect your body that had come attached to your basketball.
Basketball cleaning materials
Basketball is made up of different kinds of material. The materials which are highly required for basketball are:
- Rubber material
- Leather material
- Synthetic material
We are going to discuss the cleaning process of each specific type one by one.
How to clean Rubber basketball?
Commonly, rubber basketball is used in every part of the world because of its cheap rate and tenderness. Its elasticity lets your hands have a stronger grip. So, to clean rubber material basketball follow the steps mentioned below.
By using a toothbrush
Cleaning with a brush is a little difficult, but it gives you favor that you do not need to introduce a heavy type of thing to wash the basketball.
- Take a roughly used brush and dip it into a detergent material.
- Then smoothly rub this brush onto the basketball surface.
- After 5 minutes, clean the surface of the ball with a smooth and soft piece of cloth.
- Put it aside to dry.
- Your ball is ready to use again.
Cleaning with a toothbrush is a very cheap way to clean basketball.
Wash ball with slightly warm water
You can wash the ball directly with warm water. But, don’t try to use cold water; otherwise, your ball will get shrunk.
- Directly use the detergent to remove the messy material and dust.
- Wash it directly with slightly warm water.
- Let it dry.
How to clean a leather basketball?
The way of cleansing the basketball is different for a different type of material. Lather balls are more expensive as compared to rubber balls. So, we use quite different ways to remove dust from leather basketball because it includes extra care and precautionary measures.
- First, remove the extra mud and dirty material from the lather made basketball.
- Then make detergent water. Don’t soak the ball directly into the detergent, otherwise, it will damage the leather material.
- Soak the cotton into the detergent water and squeeze to remove the additional water.
- Slightly and smoothly rub it over the surface of the leather basketball.
- Clean the ball with a wet and soft cloth.
- Keep the basketball in a cool place. Never put the leather made basketball into the sunshine, directly. I may result in damage to the leather texture.
How to clean a synthetic material basketball?
- To clean the synthetic material ball, mild soap is the best option for you.
- Have some cotton and submerge it into the mild soapy water.
- Just like leather material basketball, don’t submerge it into the mild soap, directly.
- Remove the strains from the ball through cotton, and wash it with slightly warm water.
- Then dry it by keeping in a cool place.
- Treatment with natural shampoo is also a good solution.
But, if you see the dark strains on the ball which are not easy to remove from natural shampoo or mild soap, then remove them through the method discussed in leather material.
- If you want to keep your basketball new, don’t soak it in the water or detergent. Otherwise, it will face damage.
- Don’t use any machine that emits high temperatures to dry the basketball. Simply use a cotton cloth to dry the basketball.
- Don’t use strong detergents.
- Never try to clean the deflated basketball.
Care about basketball
- Never submerge your ball into the water.
- Don’t keep your ball in the direct sunlight.
- Keep your basketball in the dry and cool place
- For charming and a new look, try wood polish paint on the surface of the basketball.
Is it bad to wash basketball?
As we above mentioned you can wash your basketball but be sure dry it quickly with a smooth and clean cloth.
How do you make an old basketball look new?
The simple is an easy way to make old basketball look new is to apply soap to a smooth cloth rub for a minute wash it and dry it immediately. Or use an old toothbrush for cleaning.
Cleaning your basketball on daily basis is not a big deal. Cleaning your ball, not only, decreases your expense, but also keeps you away from germs and other severe diseases. It also prevents from getting the basketball dirtier.
It also boosts your confidence level and protects you from embarrassment. So, by following all the above-mentioned cleaning points you can easily keep your basketball clean and clear.