Nowadays, Spalding vs Wilson basketball is a hot topic because both companies got fame very quickly. Spalding has got the golden point of producing basketball for NBA tournaments that is Spalding NBA Official basketball. On the other hand, Wilson is also producing some robust and marvelous basketballs which are also being used by many basketball athletes.
Therefore, keeping an eye on this hot topic we decided to test both company’s famous basketballs personally. Now you must be thinking that which basketball is perfect for you. To make your buying basketball easier, we will describe the features and results of both company’s basketballs then you can make a better decision keeping in mind your priorities and preferences.
Spalding vs Wilson Basketball Comparison in 2021
Spalding basketballs are manufactured with premium composite and full-grain Horween leather. They provide softness and a unique aroma to the basketballs. They are quite durable and buttery soft. On the other hand, Wilson basketballs are manufactured with EVO-microfiber composite. They provide a softer feel and grip to the sweaty palms because they have moisture-wicking technology.
Spalding makes the most expensive basketball NBA official basketball and other expensive basketballs worth every penny. However, Wilson basketballs are a little bit affordable and worth every penny also.
So, here is the list of the best basketballs of both companies.
1. Spalding NBA official Basketball
- Manufactured with full-grain Horween leather that provides a soft feel and sweet aroma and is much durable.
- Wider and deeper channel that provides exceptional grip.
- Embedded with the Twitter Hashtag and NBA logo.
- Designed for indoor play surfaces.
- Recommended PSI for consistent bouncing is 8 PSI.
2. Wilson Evolution Game Basketball
- Number 1 indoor basketball than other basketballs in the USA.
- Ball provides a softer and signature Evo feel at the court because cushion core carcass that makes it easier to handling.
- Its durability and grip are beyond the limits because of the signature Evo microfiber.
- Wider and deeper channels create a consistent feel over the entire surface of the ball.
- NFHS approved, proper PSI level is 7.9 PSI.
3. Spalding TF-1000 Legacy Indoor Composite Basketball
- Manufactured with zk microfiber polyurethane composite that provides a softer and tacky feel.
- Moisture management technology that is more advanced and enhanced.
- Deep channel design for better grip and handling of the ball
- Softer feel because of inner soft technology that also provides durability.
- NFHS approved and recommended PSI for consistent bouncing is 8 PSI.
4. Wilson Evo NXT Indoor Game Basketball
- Manufactured with Micro-touch internal technology providing shooters an extra phase of grip and shooting.
- Enhanced moisture management that minimized sweat from the palms
- Softcore construction over the surface provides the players a free range of shooting.
- 100% Composite laid-in channels provide extra control and only ball available in the market with laid-in channels.
- level of PSI is 8 PSI,
5. Spalding Precision Indoor Basketball
- Manufactured with Eco-Grip composite cover that has a hell of a grip and control over the ball
- Deep channel design is an addition for superior grip
- Cushioned carcass technology provides consistent bounce.
- Butyl bladder provides for air retention along with nylon windings for structural stability.
- NFHS approved and the inflation level is 8 PSI.
6. Wilson NCAA Official Game Basketball
- Laid In Composite Channels that provide a smoother feel and control over the ball
- Cushion Core Carcass technology plus point for more ease in grip and buttery soft.
- Sweat is not a problem anymore when handling this basketball because of enhanced moisture-wicking technology.
- Approved by NCAA and the recommended inflation level is 7-9 PSI for a consistent bounce.
- For outdoor play, the Wilson company also manufactured a replica of this basketball Wilson NCAA replica game basketball.
So, these were the main key features of these famous basketballs and every penny they worth. If you’re a professional basketball player you would enjoy playing with these basketballs. And if you are a beginner then you can check Best Outdoor Basketballs and Best indoor Basketballs.
Is Spalding better than Wilson?
In a survey, John Dean stated that Spalding basketballs provided better performance than Wilson basketballs. Spalding also is a top-rated basketball selling company than Wilson.
Is Wilson replacing Spalding?
The answer is yes, Spalding will be replaced by Wilson as NBA’s basketball manufacturer from 2021-22. But the Wilson also will provide to WNBA from 2022. The reason is the coincidence with Basketball player Luka Donic‘s ascendance.
Are WNBA balls smaller?
WNBA basketballs are 1 inch smaller than NBA basketball. The regular size of WNBA basketball is size 6 intermediate level 28.5 and NBA basketball is size 7 29.5.